Sac City Gamer will have all the announcements, winners and exciting news right here as it unfolds tonight
Update: All the winners, announcements and news is below for your viewing pleasure
Update 2: It’s over! Thanks for following along with us. What did you think of the show?
Update 3: GameSpot has all the trailers from the show at this link.
The 2015 Game Awards airs tonight at 6 p.m. PST and we’ll have all the coverage, news, announcements, award winners and more for your convenience right here in one place.
Though SCG has been critical of the award show in the past, it’s still an important event in the games industry, if nothing more, for the game reveals and new details on upcoming titles.
Stay tuned to this post as we’ll be updating it throughout the evening with all the news and updates from the show for those who aren’t able to watch it or simply don’t enjoy it and would rather read the results.
In the meantime, you can see all the nominees and vote for a few of the award categories here.
– Game of the Year: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
– Developer of the Year: CD Projekt Red (The Witcher 3)
– Most Anticipated Game: No Man’s Sky
– Best Indie Game: Rocket League
– Best Sports/Racing Game: Rocket League
– Best Mobile/Handheld Game: Lara Croft Go
– Best Narrative Game: Her Story
– Games for Impact Award: Life is Strange
– Industry Icon Award: Westwood Studios co-founders Brett Sperry and Louis Castle
Games by category:
– Best RPG: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
– Best Action/Adventure: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
– Best Shooter: Splatoon
– Best Multiplayer: Splatoon
– Best Fighting Game: Mortal Kombat X
– Best Family Game: Super Mario Maker
– Best Performance: Viva Seifert (Her Story)
– Best Score/Soundtrack: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
– Best Art Direction: Ori and the Blind Forest
– Favorite Trending Gamer: Greg Miller
– Best Fan Creation: Portal Stories: Mel
– esports Team of the Year: Optic Gaming
– esports Game of the Year: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
– esports Player of the Year: Kenny “KennyS” Schrub (CS:GO – Team EnVyUs)
– Uncharted 4 – new character revealed in a new trailer
– Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn trailer
– Telltale Games Batman game announced
– Elder Scrolls Online (new DLC)
– Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC announced
– Far Cry Primal (new footage)
– Lego Marvel’s Avengers (new footage, open world footage coming 12/9)
– Psychonauts 2 (announcement, trailer, will be crowdfunded)
– Quantum Break (new trailer)
– Rockband VR (coming to Oculus)
– Shadow Complex Remastered (available now for PC for FREE at ShadowComplex.com), coming to PS4 and Xbox One)
– Rocket League coming to Xbox One in February 2016 with exclusive Gears of War and Halo vehicles
– Star Citizen (2nd alpha) (playable now) trailer
– The Walking Dead: Michonne (announcement trailer)
– Sales on Xbox Live, PSN and Steam on nominees and winners from the show
– Play along on Xbox Live by predicting winners against your friends
– New esports TV show announced
– When Troy Baker and Nolan North die, you can become a voice actor for video games
– Greg Miller thanks all the people who make video games on behalf of all gamers; we agree! Thank you!
– Elder Scrolls players have a chance to win $1 million
– Amazing tribute to Satoru Iwata (video) and speech by Reggie Fils-Aime
– Lots of talk about VR
– Video on the history of RTS games and Westwood Studios, Industry Icon Award given to the original Westwood developers
– Kiefer Sutherland accepts Action/Adventure Award for MGS V because Konami’s lawyers blocked Kojima from being at the show to accept
– “Imagine Metal Gear Solid without the voice of David Hayter” – Jade Raymond (Motive Studios)
– Deadmau5 new music premiere to end the show
Thanks for sticking with Sac City Gamer!