The upcoming game from Platinum Games and Activision is shaping up to be an amazing nostalgia trip
The trailer sets up more of the story and shows some of the battles with the seemingly endless amount of bosses in the new game. The art style is similar to that of Platinum’s critically–acclaimed Transformers: Devastation, which released last October across the same platforms.
The art style mixes a cartoon-like cel-shade and throwback graphics and animations that offer fans of the 1980s cartoon show and comic book fans alike something to enjoy.
According to the official retail listing, the game features the following synopsis:
“Battle the evil of the Foot by Foot organization in a brand new adventure with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan. Engage in epic battles with your friends with four-player online co-op mode, and immerse yourself in the stunning graphics. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan opens up exciting levels of engaging play.”
The retail listing also touts several exciting and totally awesome features.
- Fight fan-favorite enemies like Bebop and Rocksteady
- Experience the game in a whole new way when you challenge your team in 4 player online co-op mode
- Gritty comic-inspired art style turns a new chapter in TMNT history
- Packed with visually stunning, fast-paced combat true to PlatinumGames signature style
- Original story penned by IDW Comics TMNT author, Tom Waltz
Take a look at the new trailer below and let us know what you think in the comments.