Action Arcade Wrestling aims to mix old school arcade gameplay with today’s indie pro wrestling scene
The game is being developed by an independent developer and is based on code released in two separate iterations of Action Arcade Wrestling for the Xbox Live Indie Games program on Xbox 360. CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling is also greenlit on Steam.
This version is licensed with independent wrestling company CHIKARA and runs in Unreal Engine 4. The game is in “very early development stages,” according to the developer, Vico Game Studio.
“We’re hoping to have the game available on multiple platforms when the time is right,” says the description on CHIKARA’s YouTube posting.
A description of the game on the official website reads as follows:
“CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling (CAAW) is an evolution of wrestling arcade games from the 90s! Developed in Unreal Engine 4, CAAW will feature:
- fun, fast-paced arcade-style 2.5D action
- cel-shaded look
- detailed arena and wrestler edit mode
- a simple 2-action-button control scheme, ideal for gamepad or keyboard
- hundreds of unique animations
- many different match types, including trios bouts
- realistic cloth and rope physics
- diverse weapons selection
- the zany and colorful cast of characters from global cult phenomenon,CHIKARA!”
Take a look at the trailer below and let us know if you’ll be keeping your eye on CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling.