A release date has been confirmed and new details have been revealed about the upcoming disc version of the popular vehicular sports game
It’s been known for a while that a physical version of Rocket League was in the works, but as its release draws closer, more details are emerging about what will be included with the Collector’s Edition release.
The game now has an official release date of July 5 in the US and June 24 in Europe for Steam (PC), Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The Steam version will obviously be a digital release that will include the game and its extras. The physical PS4 and Xbox One editions will retail for a suggested price of $29.99 or the regional equivalent, according to a statement on the official Rocket League website.
The Collector’s Edition physical release is co-published by Psyonix Games and 505 Games and includes:
- Three complete DLC Packs (Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars, and Chaos Run)
- Four all-new vehicles
- Exclusive art print
The statement noted that the four new vehicles will be available later for players who don’t purchase the Collector’s Edition. Psyonix also notes that more details as to what those vehicles look like will be revealed as the release date gets closer.
For those not familiar with Rocket League, here is a description from Psyonix:
“If you’re new to Rocket League, then the above list of goodies join an already-awesome bounty of features and modes included in all versions of the game, including:
- A Season Mode that allows players to enjoy a full single-player experience
- Extensive Battle-Car customizations with more than 100 billion possible combinations
- Unlockable items and vehicles, stat tracking, leaderboards, and more
- Addictive 8-player online action with a variety of different team sizes and configurations
- Amazing 2-, 3-, and 4-player split screen mode that can be played locally or taken online against other splitscreen players
- Broadcast-quality replays that allow you to fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena
- Action-packed game modes such as Mutators, Snow Day, Hoops, and Rocket Labs”