Disney Infinity creators say other services will shut down sooner
In an email sent out to Disney Infinity owners who registered their email addresses with Disney, the Disney Infinity team has announced that the Disney Infinity servers will completely shut down on March 3, 2017.
Several other services will shut down before that date and Disney Interactive outlined the timeline for those closures.
“Since announcing that we will discontinue the production of Disney Infinity, we’ve been exploring timelines for the closure of the game’s online versions and community features,” said the email. “Our goal has been to offer extended access to these services, while also providing clear communication about what you can expect.”
The email went on to outline exactly when everything will shut down and we have that timeline here, as it was written in the email.
As of today (July 29, 2016)
- No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
- You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016
- You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
- All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
Disney Infinity’s team also encourages any players who have questions to visit its official FAQ page on the Disney Infinity website.