Microsoft has released another firmware update for the Xbox One and it brings with it a bunch of fixes
August has been a month of updates for Xbox One with the August 1 release of the big summer update and today’s additional system software update.
Microsoft has rolled out even more changes, including the ability to turn off or modify the behavior of the startup chime and a host of fixes and updates for other features.
Additionally, a new update to Microsoft’s Groove Music allows it to be used as background music on the Xbox One via the system’s new background music feature that was added with the summer update. Previously, only third party music services like Pandora could be used with the background music feature.
We have a full list of changes below as posted by the Xbox website.
New or updated features
- You can now modify, turn on, or turn off the startup chime. You’ll find three new options in Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
- On (startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on).
- Only with power button or voice (startup chime plays when console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller).
- Off (startup chime never plays).
Performance and General Improvements
Xbox Universal Store
- This build contains multiple fixes to address crashes in the Store.
- Fixed an issue which required users to click twice on the buy button.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause time based trials to display incorrect time remaining.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause a “Try again later” error to appear when newly purchased content is downloading.
- Resolved an issue which could cause errors when attempting to purchase or play Movies and TV content.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing some users from being able to sign in.
- Speed and performance improvements.
- You should now receive a “storage is full” notification when attempting to upload a capture to Xbox Live if storage is full.
- Resolved an issue which could cause certain games to fail to recognize the controller upon launch.
My Games & Apps
- Resolved issues which could cause certain apps to fail to install.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause a black screen to appear when attempting to use the Weather App.
- Resolved issues which could sometimes cause Groove Music to crash.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause the titles of universal apps (Movies & TV) to not appear in the console’s selected language.
- General stability improvements for games.