The big news from Nov. 10’s Xbox One event all in one place
On Saturday, Nov. 10, Microsoft held a special Inside Xbox event called X018 and announced lots of exciting news about upcoming games, studio acquisitions and DLC.
The biggest announcement of the event was the confirmation of a release date for upcoming Xbox One exclusive Crackdown 3.
The game, which was announced at Microsoft’s 2014 E3 conference and has had several delays since, has been confirmed to release on Feb. 15, 2019. It will include a new 5-on-5 Wrecking Zone multiplayer mode.
The original Crackdown, an Xbox 360 title, which is backwards compatible on Xbox One, is free for all through Nov. 30.
For more information on what was announced, take a look below. If you’d like to see the entire X018 stream, you can watch it here, via Microsoft:
- Crackdown 3 release date is Feb. 15, 2019 and Crackdown 1 is available free on Xbox One through Nov. 30.
- Forza Horizon 4 Fortune Island expansion coming.
- 16 new games being added to Xbox Game Pass. A new phone app will allow players to find games easier and queue them up remotely.
- The titles include: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), Void Bastards, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Thief of Thieves: Season One, Kingdom: Two Crowns, Aftercharge, Supermarket Shriek, Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, Secret Neighbor, Pathologic 2, The Good Life, Agents of Mayhem, MXGP 3 and Thomas Was Alone.
- Microsoft has acquired two additional studios: InXile (Wasteland and The Bard’s Tale) and Obsidian Entertainment (Knights of the Old Republic and Fallout: New Vegas).
- State of Decay 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Sea of Thieves and Devil May Cry 5 DLC announcements.
- Final Fantasy XIII trilogy added to backward compatibility program.
- Fortnite will be the first Xbox One game to receive the new keyboard and mouse support with more games being added soon.
- Kingdom Hearts III adds Winnie the Pooh world.
- Metro: Exodus getting special collector’s edition.
- New Just Cause 4 trailer released.
- Minecraft adding cats and pandas.
- Xbox Black Friday deals.
What did you think of Microsoft’s event? Were you hoping for more or alternate announcements? Were you satisfied with what they produced? Let us know!