Everything from Wednesday’s video all in one place
Nintendo presented a brand new Nintendo Direct Wednesday and showcased games for the rest of 2019 and beyond.
The 38 minute video included several big announcements and updates.
Perhaps the biggest was that 20 Super Nintendo Entertainment System games, including Super Mario World, F-Zero and more, are coming to Nintendo Switch Online on September 5. That’s tomorrow!
A full list of the initial 20 games is below.
Similar to the NES library, more SNES games will be added to the service at a later date. A wireless SNES controller will be available exclusively to Nintendo Online members for $29.99.
Among the other big announcements were the inclusion of a Luigi’s Mansion 3 multiplayer mode called ScreamPark, Doom 64 is coming to Switch and Deadly Premonition Origins is now available on the eShop.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Direct without Smash Bros. Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury is the fourth Fighters Pass character. With one more to be revealed in the initial five, Nintendo confirmed more DLC fighters will be coming down the line.
There were also plenty of new game announcements, as well as updates on Animal Crossing New Horizons, Pokemon Sword and Shield and more.
The video ended with the announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, which is coming to Nintendo Switch next year. The game is a remaster of the 2012 Wii title.
You can watch the full Nintendo Direct video below and we’ve also put together a list of all the announcements.
Games and announcements:
- Overwatch coming to Switch October 15
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 coming October 31, includes ScreamPark Mode
- Super Kirby Clash announced; available now
- Trials of Mana remake announced
- Return of the Obra Dinn announced; coming this fall
- Little Town Hero announced; available October 16
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Banjo & Kazooie out today
- Fatal Fury character Terry Bogard is four of five in the Fighters Pass
- More DLC coming beyond the Fighters Pass
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening coming September 20
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition demo on eShop
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE Encore
- Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing announced
- Deadly Premonition: Origins available on the eShop now
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition available now
- Doom 64 coming to Nintendo Switch November 22
- Rogue Company announced
- Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield updates
- SNES games launching on Nintendo Switch Online September 5:
- BRAWL Brothers
- Demon’s Crest
- Breath of Fire
- Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- Kirby’s Dreamland 3
- Star Fox
- Super E.D.F.: Earth Defense Force
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
- Super Puyo Puyo 2
- Super Tennis
- Stunt Race FX
- Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
- Super Metroid
- Super Soccer
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Tetris 99 version 2.0 announced, includes:
- Invictus mode, a more difficult mode for elite players
- Daily missions
- Custom themes
- A second paid DLC in the form of 2 player battle mode
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 available November 5
- DAEMON X MACHINA Prologue demo available now
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast port coming to Switch September 24 (Sony confirmed it’s also coming to PS4)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition
- Assassin’s Creed: Rebel Collection includes:
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
- Assassin’s Creed: Rogue
- Adds motion controls and more exclusive Switch features
- Games coming soon:
- Just Dance 2020 – November 5
- GRID Autosport – September 19
- Farming Simulator 20 – December 3
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – September 20
- NBA 2K20 – September 6
- Call of Cthulhu – October 8
- The Outer Worlds
- Devil May Cry 2 – September 19
- Vampyr – October 29
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons updates
- Xenoblade Chronicles – Definitive Edition